10.10.2008

Let's Roll! 1.06


I totally understand how, with the pending economic crisis, individuals may want to think about cutting back on some of the non-critical budget expendiatures. I, myself, am cutting back, limiting the number of times I eat out to once a day (three times on weekend days), flushing the toilet only after going number two (to save on water bills) and shortening my weekly hot stone massage from one-hour to 45-minutes (except for tonight 'cause I am feeling extra tense after the five-day week).

I have expected for sales of T-shirts to fall off at this difficult time. I didn't, however, foresee them falling off the face of the earth or think that I would go for days without seeing a visitor to either the cafepress shop or this blog! What ever happened to window shopping?

I am not trying to make a living selling this stuff so it is not really a problem. I have made enough to pay for my costs for over a year and I have reinvested part of the profits back into gifts for friends and some really cool designed T-shirts for me. I don't need the money but, after doing this for several months now, I have gotten used to and I do need... the attention.

I really miss just knowing somebody is checking out my designs or reading what I have to say. It's not only that I put a lot of work into it but more of it makes me feel good to know that what I do is making somebody-- anybody-- laugh, or feel good, or think.

Okay, I'll stop nagging everyone to buy t-shirts if you promise to check in every once in a while to let me know you still love me. Let's Roll:

Howmanyofme.com
I can't explain what good this site does but I did spend more than a few minutes exploring my name and then my family and friends. I will let the site description take it from here:

There are 305,373,985 people in the United States of America. If everyone in the U.S. lined up single file, the line would stretch around the Earth almost 7 times. That's a lot of people.

The U.S. Census Bureau statistics tell us that there are at least 88,799 different last names and 5,163 different first names in common use in the United States. Some names are more common than others.

There are 50,428 people named John Smith in the United States. There are 1,067 people named James Bond, 115 people named Harry Potter , 512 people named George Bush, and 32 people named Emily Dickinson. However, Johnny Cash (39 people) songs aside there are, statistically speaking, very few boys named Sue.

There are 16 other people in the U.S. that share my proper name but there is only one skeetz! What about you? How many people share your name?

Yahoo News: Political Dashboard
You are probably getting sick of all of the presidential election stuff. In a way, I am too, but at the same time it is all kind of exciting. At least exciting enough that I want to check up on the news about it.

This site does a fairly decent job of giving, seemingly, impartial info on the upcoming race, including an interactive electoral map to get up-to-date progress reports of your favorite candidate in the race.

Personally, I am not one that preaches and goes on about how to be a good American and do your civic duty, you need to be involved in the election and supporting one of the parties because, in all honesty, I don't believe one person can make that much of a difference and, ultimately, you are just voting for the lessor of two evils. I do believe, however, that every citizen of the U.S. should vote because it is their right and individuals should be well informed of the issues that effect them so they can make an educated decision.

Wiffleball
This is a squidoo lens that, when I originally stumbled on it, made me mad because I was going to create a similar one. As I looked into it further, though, I found that it was really well done.

It includes rules of the game, instructions on how to throw a variety of pitches and video of some guys that know how to play the game pretty well. I mean... they aren't up to the caliber to be able to take on the boys from Ville Maria-- but they aren't bad.

Squidoo
I know I have mentioned this before but Squidoo is really cool for networking or just having fun. Check out all of my lenses and then make your own and...

Buy T-shirts. oops! Peace.

No comments: