To Every Season...
It just seems like there is a huge amount of transition going on right now that seemed to hit me over the weekend. I guess it's the time of year. Baseball is drawing to a close and football is going to start and the kids are going back to school. I don't think it helped make me feel any better that the Summer Olympics is just over and the Democratic National Convention begins today, reminding me of the Fall election... Turn, turn, turn.
• Speaking of the DNC... Does one of the major networks have rights to this thing or is it going to suck up all the prime time TV for the next week? Not that it matters a whole lot. I vote for more quiet time.
• Saw the previews for a show called, "Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader?" Nothing against fifth graders but, for anyone watching this show, the answer is no.
• I have been thinking of starting another blog documenting our family's experience through addition of our new member and today my wife came up with the same idea.
• Two things I had planned on writing more about this week that I may have changed my mind about because neither lived up to my expectations: The Olympics and the NoSoCo Fantasy Football Draft.
• Two movies featuring Chevy Chase that everyone should see before graduating High School: Caddyshack and Fletch
• Two St. Louis professional sports franchises that, unfortunately, I'm afraid, are not going to make the playoffs this year: The Rams (better but not good enough) and the Cardinals (much better than expected and unfortunate that only two better teams in NL are in the same division).
• Even though the Cards are not going take the pennant, the upcoming Cards vs. Cubs series should be fun. St. Louis Cardinal fans, check this design out: http://www.cafepress.com/skeetzteez/5891514
• Funny: When my doctors realized I was going to recover from my stroke and get back to the real world way sooner than expected, they were concerned for me and said I should, "avoid head injuries for the next 12-months."– like I go looking for ways to have head injuries all of the time.
• Went to Walgreens last night to pick up a prescription. (I have four different meds on four different schedules... insurance companies!) Get this... two full rows of Halloween stuff. It's still August! There are... one, two, three... too many days to waste might time counting... days left until Halloween!
If you would like to get an early start on Halloween visit: http://www.cafepress.com/skeetzteez
There is not yet any Halloween designs available but, then again, what are you going to really do with any, at this point, anyway?