8.29.2008

Let's Roll! 1.01


I have another feature that I think we can do fairly regularly. Let's Roll! will feature links to websites that I have found. Some of them I have found to be helpful tools for my shop at: http://www.cafepress.com/skeetzteez, some I may find to be interesting or informative, and some I find to be very creative or just too darn cool to pass up and I have to add them to my ever growing bookmark page.

If you have favorite links that fit into one of these categories or that you just can't live without, I would love to hear about them!

Oh, and one more thing. I want to be, perfectly, upfront about this. In addition to being helpful, or interesting, or cool, some of these sites may be, somewhat, profitable too. I am not saying that I am going to get rich from you visiting the site but I may make a few cents if you click on a certain link or do a search for something using the search engine on a particular page. In addition, I may make a portion of the profit if you buy something from one of the sites that you access from my links. It is all pretty interesting stuff, now that I am starting to learn about it. I will try to write about it, further, in a future blog posting.

Editor's Note: I would be very interested in hearing any comments from readers of SkeetzTeez, so please don't hesitate to submit anything. All comments are reviewed, personally, by me before being posted for the public to read so if you do not want yours posted– just tell me so in the comment!

http://www.statcounter.com
Something happened last night that caused this blog to get more unique visitors in a few hours than in the whole previous month. I don't know what happened but, in a matter of four-minutes, there were readers from Illinois, Connecticut, Alabama, Tennessee, Arkansas, Virginia, Canada, Hungary, Egypt, Columbia, Chile, Portugal, Ireland, Thailand and the Netherlands. I am also getting regular readers from St. Louis, Missouri, Olla, Louisiana, Redwood City, California and Marion, South Carolina. That is one of the coolest parts about having this blog– seeing where the people are reading from! 

Do not fear! I can't tell anything more about you than what city, state and country that your server is located and even if I could, I wouldn't know what to do with the information. If you have a blog or website of any kind, you can use the some product I do to track visitors. Go to: http://statcounter.com, register for free, download the code and paste it into your html code. You can then go back to the site to find out how many visitors you have and where they are from.

http://www.squidoo.com
This is one that is helpful, informative and cool, all rolled into a neat, little package. Let's see... how to explain this one. You register for free and then, immediately, start building your first lens (what they call a web page) using the provided modules featuring just about anything you can think of. The whole process is very user friendly and, dare I say, so simple that an adult can do it.

You will be amazed at the variety of subjects that lenses are created on. One of Squidoo's tag lines is "Everyone's an expert on something". I, for instance, started with a lens to promote my cafepress shop (http://www.squidoo.com/cafepress/skeetzteez) and now have a total of seven lenses on subjects ranging from "Giving it 110%" to "That's what she said" to "Jorts Fashion" and one Squidoo Group, the "Alliance of ShopKeepers on CafePress" (ASKCP) to cross-promote members' T-shirt shops.

Each lens has the potential to generate profits for the creator and, from what I am told, some people make a decent amount of jack from it (over 100 lenses owned gets you a title of Giant Squid). That would be nice but I am using it to increase exposure for http://www.cafepress.com/skeetzteez and I have seen quite a bit of traffic from it.

Please check out some of my lenses and then, if you would like to create your own go to: http://www.squidoo.com/lensmaster/referral/skeeeeeetz

http://www.humancalendar.com
This is entirely too weird to even begin to try to explain, but it is also too cool in a odd (almost scary) kind of way. You may have seen it before because, from what I understand, it is hugely popular, but for those who haven't... you've got to check it out. 

That's it for this week. I hope everyone has a happy and safe long holiday weekend. Why do they call it Labor Day if nobody works? I'll have to see how things go before I commit to writing on Monday or Tuesday. I will probably continue with my own blog policy: I'll write when I have something to say. Peace.

I have, absolutely, no idea, whatsoever, that picture of Ross Perot has to do with the rest of this column. I, simply, typed "Let's Roll" into Google Image Search and this is what came up. I thought it was funny and I figured that it was appropriate with all of the election stuff going on right now. Besides, that was a long time ago and most people have forgotten him or have no clue who the man is.

No comments: