9.02.2008

Monday Morning Quarterback 1.02


I'm running Monday Morning QB on Tuesday this week because, honestly, I was just too beat yesterday to think about writing. My intentions were good but after the third annual family camping trip at Aunt Rita's on Sunday night, I spent most of my Labor Day getting caught up on the sleep I lost by taking several naps.

• Even though today is, probably, more Summery than yesterday there is something in the air (or maybe just in my head) that makes it feel more like Fall. I usually love this time of year. It reminds me of going back to school (which I guess I really liked), gearing up for soccer season, chili cook-offs and parish festivals. I can't wait for the first chilly night.
• Speaking of back to school, Ashley started her first semester at Indiana Wesleyan today. I hope she continues to be one of the few regular readers of this blog. Be good, Kid... but try to have a little fun, too! Are you excited yet?
• Speaking of soccer, I think my new design, "Future Soccer Mom", is one of my best. Check it out at: http://www.cafepress.com/skeetzteez/5924462
• Had a hot stone massage on Friday night. I don't know why men have a problem with going to a spa and getting rubbed. They have made hair salons geared for men, where they serve you beer and show sports games on your own personal flat screen TV. Why not have massage parlors for guys?
• I'll stay away from talking politics and I'm not going to comment on what she looks like or anything about her personal life. In fact, I only have three words to say about Sarah Palin: Tina Fey look-a-like.
• Two good video rentals we've seen recently: Dan In Real Life and Definitely... Maybe.
• Word of the week that you haven't heard in 20 years: Jipped (as in: I got jipped.)
• A big shoutout to the girls (and guy) at Sanford-Brown. I was a guest speaker in Kelly's OT class today. I enjoyed talking with them about my stroke and recovery. A real nice group of folks.
• Fantasy Football (and NFL regular season) starts this week. Here's hoping for a winner.

I thought that I had more to write about this week but I can't remember anything else. Must be that three day weekend. Peace.

No comments: