9.08.2008

Monday Morning Quarterback 1.03


This is the first time since I started blogging that the Monday Morning QB column will be published in the NFL regular season. I don't want this space to be taken up with football talk on Mondays, or any other day, for that matter but I will start, this week, with a few observations from the gridiron. I am more a fan of professional football than anything close to expert commentator, and I won't go very in-depth, but wanted to point out some things that were surprises after the first weeks games and a few things that were not:

Surprises:
• Brady's done for the year.
• The Bears rolled into Indy and spanked the Colts.

Not Surprises:
• Favre is a winner in whatever city he plays in.
• The Rams are in for another long year...
• ... but not as long as my fantasy team.

The only good thing to come out of this week's FFL scores is the lowest score for the week gets the first shot at the Waiver Wire. That's a big deal when a couple of high ranked picks get injuries that knock them out for the season. On with the other stuff:

• Went to Disney on Ice: An Incredibles Adventure in Disneyland with MLW and M3S on Friday. For the first time in my life, I truly appreciate all of the stupid stuff my Dad would take us to when we were young as the highlight of the night was waiting for Frozone to fall on his tookus every, single time he was on the ice. Thus, sadly reinforcing the stereotype that only white cartoon characters can ice skate (or play hockey) to millions of little kids.
• A new design by request in the shop: Urban Cougar Fitness. Check it out at:  http://www.cafepress.com/skeetzteez/5956090
• I also went against my better judgement and added a political design. I didn't think it was a good idea because depending on one's view you turn off 42%-48% of your potential customers and confuse the 9%-12% of undecided people.
• Which reminds me: When replying to a poll, if you don't have an opinion on the subject do you check the no opinion box or just not answer the question? 
• "The epitome of hyperbole." If you correctly pronounced that statement you are among only 
2.9% of english speaking Americans who could.
• Two additional things that prove that I am old: I had heard of less than 2.9% of the artists featured on the MTV Music Awards last night and I, not only, remember when MTV played music videos but I also remember when there was no MTV. Really!
• I did two new lens on Squidoo last week: Shermer High School and Urban Cougar. You can see all ten of my lenses at: http://www.squidoo.com/lensmasters/Skeeeeeetz.
• Did you know that there are over 40 names for cougar (the animal) in the English language? Some of them include Puma and Mountain Lion.

Until tomorrow... Peace.

Oh– one more thing. If anyone knows my sister-in-law, who used to be a regular reader, tell her we said Hi!

No comments: